Lucas Heights, NSW
- Agilent 8900 Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS
- Australian Synchrotron (multiple beamlines)
- Natural water samples. Hg detection limit approximately 0.1 ppb.
- Solid samples (tissues and sediments). Hg detection limit 0.1 ppm.
- Elemental mapping (including Hg) to 1 µm spatial resolution in solid sections (sections of cores, soils, biota etc.) using the X-ray Fluorescence Microacxopy (XFM) beamline. Hg detection limit in the ppm range.
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy (XAS) beamline: mercury speciation of solid-phase samples (organic and inorganic).
Dr Tom Cresswell (email@example.com). Access to all of ANSTO’s research capabilities is via the ANSTO User Access process.